- Refined flour – 60 gms
- Cocoa powder – 60 gms
- Baking powder – ¼ tsp
- Soda bi-carb – a pinch
- Sugar – 120 gms
- Eggs – 4
- Melted butter – 120 gms
- Vanilla essence – 2 drops
- Whipped cream – 200 gms
- Grated chocolate – 15 gms
- Walnuts or broken cashew nuts or cherries – 50 gms
- Line and grease two 175 mm diameter cake tins.
- Sift flour, cocoa, soda bicarb and baking powder together twice.
- Beat eggs and sugar over hot water till thick like custard sauce. Add vanilla essence.
- Fold in lightly the sieved flour and melted butter, adding a little water to get pouring consistency.
- Put the mixture in the tins and bake at 400º F for about 20 minutes.
- Cool and sandwich together with the fresh cream and put a thick layer of cream on top
- Finish off the decoration with chopped nuts on the sides and grated chocolate on top.