- 500ml of vegetable stock.
- 100g of sweet potatoes (chopped).
- 100g of whole grain rice.
- 50g of carrots (chopped).
- 50g of leek (sliced).
- 50g of onions (chopped).
- 50g of pearl barley.
- 5g of black pepper.
- 5g of parsley.
- 5g of sage.
- 5g of salt.
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (356 degrees Fahrenheit).
2) Place the black pepper, carrots, leek, onions, parsley, pear barley, sage, salt, sweet potatoes and vegetable stock into the large casserole dish,cover it with tin foil and place it in the oven for 1 hour.
3) During the final 30 minutes boil some water in the sauce pan, add the whole grain rice, boil it for 15 minutes then drain it in the sieve.
4) Place the drained rice on the 2 heart shaped plates, remove the large casserole dish from the oven and serve the vegetable casserole in the middle of the rice.
5) As an extra romantic thought arrange the vegetable casserole in a heart shape on top of the rice.
- 626 calories total.
- 313 calories per serving