- Milk - 4 cups.
- Sago granules - 1 tbsp.
- Sugar - 3/4 cup.
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp.
- Water - 1 cup.
1) Wash the sago granules and drain. Keep aside for 10 - 15 minutes, or until moisture is absorbed.
2) When dried, loosen the grains.
3) Heat water in a pan and add the sago. Boil while stirring.
4) Lower the temperature and simmer for 5-6 minutes. Add a little more water (if needed).
5) Pour in the milk. Boil again. Simmer for 5 minutes.
6) Add sugar and cardamom. Stir occasionally. Simmer till sago granule is cooked, but not mushy.
7) Press the granules between thumb and finger to ascertain their preparedness. These should flatten on pressing.
8) Serve hot, with nuts if desired.