· 1 mango (ripe to medium ripe)
· 1/3 cup sugar
· 1/4 cup grated coconut
· 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
· 1 quart whole milk yoghurt
· 2 tsp water
· a pinch saffron
1. Put the saffron in a pan, add cardamom powder and water & heat it on simmer while stirring and remove the heat.
2. Whisk the saffron mixture into the yoghurt. Put this yoghurt mixture in a coffee filter or a strainer lined with cheese cloth and set it over a bowl.
3. Let drain in the refrigerator for an hour.
4. Transfer the yoghurt to a bowl and add sugar to it.
5. Beat the yoghurt 23 min.Pour into bowls and refrigerate it until very chilled.Mean while,toast the coconut over low heat until golden.
6. Serve the shrikhand topped with mango cut into thin slices and coconut.