- 2 heart shaped bowls
- 1 frying pan.
- 1 large deep bottomed pan.
- 1 wooden spoon.
- 2 whole grain rolls.
- 500ml of vegetable stock.
- 200g of sweet potatoes (chopped).
- 50g of bell peppers (chopped).
- 50g of carrots (chopped).
- 50g of mushrooms (chopped).
- 50g of onions (chopped).
- 20m l of single cream.
- 10g of black pepper.
- 10g of parsley.
- 10g of salt.
- 5ml of extra virgin olive oil.
1) Place the frying pan on the hob on a low to medium heat.
2) Add the extra virgin olive oil and vegetables to the frying pan, sprinkle them with half the black pepper, parsley and salt and then fry them for 5 minutes.
3) After 5 minutes transfer the fried vegetables to the large deep bottomed pan, add the vegetable stock and add the other half of the parsley, black pepper and salt.
4) Place the large deep bottomed pan on the hob and adjust the temperature until the ingredients start to simmer.
5) Simmer the mixture for 30 minutes and give it a good stir with the wooden spoon every 10 minutes.
6) After 30 minutes turn the hob off, pour half the soup into each heart shaped bowl and serve with a whole grain roll.
7) For additional romantic appeal use the cream to create an ‘x’ shaped kiss on the surface of the soup.
- 588 calories total.
- 294 calories per serving.