- 200g of duck breasts.
- 250ml of pomegranate juice.
- 200g of sweet potatoes.
- 50m l of chicken broth.
- 10g of parsley.
- 10m l of extra virgin olive oil.
- 5g of corn starch.
- 5g of salt.
1) Pre-heat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius (450 degrees Fahrenheit).
2) Place the frying pan on the hob on a medium to high heat and add the extra virgin olive oil.
3) Sprinkle the salt on the duck breasts, place them in the frying pan and fry them for 3 minutes on each side.
4) Remove the duck breasts from the frying pan, place them in the small baking dish and roast them in the oven for 10 minutes.
5) While the duck is roasting add the shallot and sweet potato to the frying pan and fry for 1 minute.
6) Add the pomegranate juice to the frying pan, bring it to the boil and then simmer for 2 minutes.
7) Whilst the pomegranate juice is simmering place the chicken broth and corn starch in the small bowl and stir the mixture until the corn starch dissolves.
8) Add the chicken broth and corn starch m ixture to the frying pan, bring it to the boil again and then simmer the ingredients for 2 minutes whilst constantly stirring them with the wooden spoon.
9) Once the duck has finished roasting take it out of the oven, put it on the chopping board and let it stand for 5 minutes.
10) Place half the duck and half the contents of the frying pan on each of the heart shaped plates.
11)For added Valentine’s Day impact draw a heart shaped outline on the plate using the pomegranate sauce.
- 930 calories total.
- 465 calories per serving