1. Goduma Rava/Broken Wheat – 1 cup
2. Powdered Jaggery – 1 ½ cups
3. Water – 3 cups
4. Ghee – 3 tblsps
5. Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp
6. Cashews – few
7. Kismis / raisins– few
- Heat a heavy bottom Kadai or Non stick Kadai with about 2 tblsps of ghee. Add the Broken wheat and fry for about 3 to 4 mins.
- Then add 3 cups of water.
- Give a good stir and cook covered in low flame till the broken wheat gets cooked and the water is completely absorbed.
- In the meanwhile, in another vessel add the powdered jaggery and dissolve it in little water. Strain for impurities and keep aside.
- Once the broken wheat is cooked add the jaggery syrup and mix well. Keep stirring till the jaggery syrup is absorbed completely. Add few drops of ghee if kesari sticks to the pan.
- Remove from heat when the kesari leaves the sides of the Kadai.
- Heat a small frying pan with a little ghee, fry the cashews till golden brown, then add the raisins and remove quickly.
- Add these to the kesari. Also add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Tasty Goduma Rava Kesari is ready to eat.