- Fat free milk:1 litre
- Sugar:3 tbsp
- Cardamom powder:1/2 tsp
- Soak the cashew nuts in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes and grind in to a smooth paste...
- Keep it aside..
- Pour the milk in to a non stick pan and place on medium flame..
- Keep the lid aside and thicken the milk on low heat...
- Once the milk reduces to half it’s original volume,add the cashew nut paste and cook for 2 minutes...
- Stir in the sugar and cardamom powder....
- Simmer for a few minutes till the milk gets a thick pouring consistency...
- Remove from heat and pour in to a serving dish ..
- Garnish with the nuts..
- The basoondi is ready!
P.S.You can also add sunflower seeds or add also a variety of mixed fruits to make a fruit
Enjoy making basoondi!!